Thursday, April 16, 2015

Lower Your Expectatioans

One of the greatest pieces of parenting advice I've ever been given was - if your children are not met by a smiling Moma, then lower your expectations of them! 
That hit me hard because honestly, my children are often met by a scowling Moma! 
 I'm frustrated, shocked, disappointed... these little people can drive me nuts!
And then it hit me, my expectations of these little people are far too high.
That's why they often see me scowl.
Mostly at meal times.
Or when we're running late and "hurry" isn't in their vocabulary.
Or when I see the status of their rooms.
I expect far too much from them and I know that frustrates them.
It frustrates me.
Somewhere along the parenting path I've forgotten this little piece of advice.









 
Then this morning I read,
 
"Fathers, do not nag your children.
If you are too hard to please, they may want to stop trying."
Colossians 3: 21

OUCH
Reminded again to lower my expectations of my little ones
so they are met by a smiling Moma more than a scowling one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...